If you are a local charity or local organisation and would like the opportunity to raise your profile in the area or raise funds we are happy to help promote other local endeavours. We can offer a table free of charge for you to display promotional material or fundraise. Unfortunately we can only accommodate one charity or organisation per market If you are interested and would like to check availability email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Table Information
The aim of the Artisan Market is to provide a venue where locally home produced food, garden grown goods, arts and crafts can be sold and promoted. We would like to extend this by providing a location where links can be made between different members of the community.
* In order to continue the market ethos any products sold must be 70% homemade.
* All charities or groups using the community table must have Public Liability and Product insurance; we will need a copy of this before you will be able to sell your products.
* If you are selling food you must have a level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene certificate; we will need a copy of this before you will be able to sell your products. The selling of alcohol is not allowed.
* Tables must be booked in advance. Unfortunately it is not possible to turn up on the day. If a table is booked and the charity or group fails to show, they may be excluded from applying again. The community table is 6’ x 2’6”, and will need to be put up by the charity or group. Chairs will also be available. We would be very grateful if, after the market, you would kindly take the time to fold up your table and replace it. Your table should be set up ready for opening by 9.30am. Your table should be covered with a white sheet so that nothing can be seen under the table. You may use any coloured material on top of the white sheet. Please ensure that the area surrounding your table is free from any clutter that may cause trips or falls. You are responsible for your own table and monies. The playing of music or the use of microphones or amplified sound on the community table is not allowed.
* On occasions, and when weather permits, we may wish to have some tables outside the entrance to the Watermark.
* You must not clear away before the official closing time, this will be indicated by the hall door being closed.
* Electric points are available and you should inform us if electricity is required when booking. Electrical items must have a sticker stating that they have been PAT tested.
* There are no facilities to make refreshments. The Watermark coffee shop is located on the ground floor.
* Those attending should familiarise themselves with the location of fire exits, and if the fire alarm is set off, leave the building immediately by the nearest exit. Tables should be placed so as not to block fire exits
* You are requested to take any rubbish away with you for disposal.
* Any charity or group using the community table agree that their name, logo or photograph may be used by the organisers for promotional purposes.
Market Dates 2018
- February 3rd & 17th
- March 3rd & 17th
- April 7th & 21st
- May 5th & 19th
- June 2nd & 16th*
- July 7th & 21st
- August 4th & 18th
- September 1st & 15th
- October 6th & 20th
- November 3rd & 17th
- December 1st & 15th
- December 8th Watermark Christmas Gift fair
* The main hall is unavailable so we will relocate to the main library or outside, weather permitting.
The Watermark is open from 08.30, with the market being open to the public from 09.30 to 13.00.
The markets are advertised online, in local magazine, leaflets and flyers
Entry to the market is free to the public.
Erme Court car park – in front of The Watermark Leonards Road car park
– Free for 2 hours (you must obtain a free pay
and display ticket for your car)
– Up to 3 hours £1.00
– Up to 5 hours £5.00
NO RETURN WITHIN 2 HOURS
(A private car park not under the jurisdiction of
the Town Council)
– Up to 1 hour 80p – All day £2.00 (A South Hams District Council pay and display car park.)
Unloading and loading is via the main entrance
Our aim is constant improvement so we welcome your feedback and value your suggestions.